The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opportunity for an experienced Principal Software Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a program in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer's Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
Looking for a challenging opportunity? We are seeking a motivated Principal Software Engineer with advanced Python knowledge and experience to work in an innovated discovery organization. The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative in the work. The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including knowledge of asynchronous coding patterns and advanced python development.
Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 12-15 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Advanced Python knowledge is an absolute MUST
- understanding of all aspects of the language including pitfalls and shortcomings
- Knowledge of and experience using asynchronous coding patterns
- Experience developing in Linux environment
- REST Paradigm
- Swagger documentation