Job Requisition:Senior Communications Systems Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Senior Communications Systems Engineer to join our team in St. Petersburg, FL. We are looking for an individual with emphasis on data links and radios who will perform system level trade studies.
The Navy’s Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) is a real-time sensor netting system that enables high quality situational awareness and integrated fire control capability. It is designed to enhance the anti-air warfare (AAW) capability of U.S. Navy ships, U.S. Navy aircraft and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) Composite Tracking Network (CTN) units by the netting of geographically dispersed sensors to provide a single integrated air picture, thus enabling Integrated Fire Control to destroy increasingly capable threat cruise missiles and aircraft. Leidos is partnered with the CEC prime contractor on present CEC design agent activities and Leidos directly supports Future Naval Capabilities (FNC) that aim to enhance CEC’s present capabilities.
System engineer with emphasis on data links and radios. Perform system level trade studies. Develop, simulate and implement radio frequency (RF) waveforms. Perform link budget simulations.
- The Senior Communications Systems Engineer will lead a team of engineers to identify system implementation approaches and options.
- Develop advanced waveforms for communication systems.
- Develop and perform link budget analysis for terrestrial, air/ground, and space environments.
- Develop, simulate and implement radio frequency (RF) waveforms.
- Perform link budget simulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or Master's Degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with digital signal processing communications utilizing RF waveforms.
- Simulation tools including MatLab and Python.
- VHDL design and implementation.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.