Job Requisition:Sr. Geologist
The Intelligence Group of Leidos is currently seeking a Geologist for our Reston, VA location.
The successful candidate will provide daily broad-based understanding of geological and geotechnical engineering disciplines in a defense environment; will have experience in drilling, core logging, mining, tunnel construction and design, trenchless technology, rock mass characterization and intelligence analysis skills.
In this role, you will support a multi-disciplined team that develops methodologies, processes, and technological applications for characterizing, modeling and assessing underground facilities and WMD threats to support full dimensional defeat planning and combat operations; conduct research and writing of geological characterizations and similar technical reports along with performing field research at sites throughout the U.S. and worldwide. We are seeking a strong and diverse background in geology, geotechnical/mining engineering or engineering geology should include experience in some combination of field/tunnel/mine mapping, drilling and core logging, field geophysical surveys, directional drilling and oil/gas exploration and rock mechanics/testing. The selected candidate will also have a good background in GIS, computer modeling and programming (MATLAB). Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility.
•Use exploitation products, intelligence resources and geological/geotechnical expertise to produce intelligence to characterize selected sites.
• Provide geological/geotechnical guidance and judgment throughout the characterization process to produce accurate intelligence estimates.
• Work within a matrixed team to include intelligence & imagery analysts, geologists, and engineers to translate characterization analysis to construct Underground Targeting & Analysis System (UTAS)/ Integrated Munitions Effects Assessment (IMEA) 3-D models for weaponeering.
• Brief senior officials regarding capability trends and analysis.
•Must hold a minimum of an active Top Secret clearance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Geology, Geology or Mining/Geotechnical Engineering discipline with 8-12 years of experience conducting geotechnical research and field collection, or a Master’s degree with 6-10 years of experience.
• Strong background in geomechanics, computer modeling, field geophysics and tunnel/slope rock mass characterization geotechnical engineering.
• Familiar with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and MATLAB.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully brief and interact with Senior Officials.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
• Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning and functional defeat of hard targets and underground facilities.
•Candidate must be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI w/ CI poly clearance.
•An active and current TS/SCI and CI Poly
• Professional Geologist accreditation a plus
• Military targeting experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.