Job Requisition:Project Manager
The Health Group of Leidos is seeking a Project Manager (PM) in Bethesda, MD.
The PM ensures compliance with NIH policies and mandated actions, such as EPLC, security policies, ADA Section 508, and others.
The Project Manager will be responsible for successful service delivery and contract execution, leading a diverse team comprised of software developers, business analysts, testers, architects, configuration management, and others. The team will employ agile methodologies, including Scrum, test-driven development. Project Manager will be responsible for compliance with HHS policies and mandated actions, such as EPLC, security policies, ADA Section 508, and others.
- Provide management, technical leadership and organize the activities and personnel associated with complex software development project using agile methodology
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment in which many demands are placed on the PM and team
- Understand and oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle using the agile development methodology
- Managing staff, including hiring, compensation and employee performance assessments
- Manage software integration and development efforts
- Manage multiple projects and tasks and supervise 8-10 team members
- Provide overall Project Management (PM) support throughout the period of performance using customer’s internal processes consistent with principles outlined in the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) PMBOK® Guide
- Provide technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Be accountable to the customer and to Leidos management for the success of the project(s) and team
- Create, manage, and control project schedules and an Integrated Master Schedule
- Perform project risk management and create the required status reports. Manage all project deliverables on time
- Ensure adequate communication between the stakeholders and other development teams
- Respond to Data Calls such as financial status, computer or hardware details, technical attributes of the Systems, or security audits
- Participate in Change Control Board (CCB) activities
- Manage all required activities to ensure alignment with multiple schedules and requirements across all systems and projects as well other interfacing systems and projects
- Work with the customer to reprioritize activities to refocus work efforts and support activities to address new or changing business needs
- Work with the stakeholders to determine and document the appropriate level of Enterprise Project Life Cycle deliverables and milestones to ensure a successful outcome for each system
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 8 years of work experience with 5 years of experience managing complex software development projects
- Experience managing projects with multiple subcontractors
- Experience with the Agile development methodology
- Strong technical background in software development processes, techniques, and best practices
- PMI PMP Certification required
- Experience developing web applications in Java, JEE, SQL Server
- Experience working at HHS agencies highly desired
- Experience managing federal grants-related projects
- Familiarity with the Federal Grants lifecycle
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
Position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.