Job Requisition:Lead Java developer
The Government Health and Safety Solution Operation is seeking a Technical Lead to lead a mid-size team in a software development project for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The position is located in Bethesda, Maryland.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead a team of developers on design and development tasks
- Support the development of a technical roadmap
- Help develop white papers on latest technology, research and software development process, methods and techniques
- Provide system design, software development and technical guidance to the team
- Conduct design reviews and code reviews of tasks performed by other developers in the team
- Foster and mentor a high performing technical team
- Supervise the quality of designs and implementations of the modules and provide recommendations
- Work closely with Project Manager in planning releases, monitoring progress and investigating production issues.
- Assign tasks to other developers in the team and track the progress of those tasks against release schedules.
- Communicate and collaborate extensively with customers and functional team members such as Requirements, Architect, CM and Testing.
- Provide status and other day-to-day communications to the Project Manager
- Provide help desk triage/ production support
The candidate must:
- be a proactive and result oriented team leader;
- have strong design skills;
- be a problem-solver;
- thrive in a fast-paced work environment;
- comfortable working with customers and end-users
- exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills;
- be experienced leading/mentoring a 6-8 person technical team
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other science or technology field. More than ten (10+) years of professional experience as listed below.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
- Java 8 or higher
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Software release management in a Linux environment
- JEE / Servlets
- Spring JDBC
- Spring MVC
- Spring Boot
- Database Design (e.g. Entity Relationship Diagrams)
- Object oriented design and development
- Design patterns
- Web Services Development (REST, XML)
- Source Control and CM Tools
- Git experience
- Unit testing - JUnit
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Experience with a BPM tool (BonitaSoft)
- Test Driven Development
- Jira experience
- Angular or React
- Messaging systems like Kafka, ESB
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development-Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.