The Field Service Technician will be part of a dynamic team supporting US Army Central (ARCENT) G2 ARIES Program and supported customers throughout the ARCENT Area of Responsibility, with primary duty at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, including both U.S. and coalition personnel. Successful candidate will have a demonstrated capability of resolving Tier I and II hardware, software, and application problems without supervision. Will troubleshoot hardware, software, and office automation devices in support of the Service Desk as needed, but must be willing and able to support small sites/locations solo. Must possess a strong customer service and mission-first focus, 'can-do' attitude, and impeccable ethics. Strong systems and network troubleshooting skills an absolute must. Candidate should be comfortable and conversant in all assigned topics, including briefing military leadership, leading projects, and training/mentoring junior administrators and technicians as assigned and tasked. Experience with US Intelligence networks and organizations in SWA a big plus. Duty hours on-site are 12‐hours per day, 7 days a week, plus commute time and are subject to local labor law. On‐call 24x7, including weekends and holidays may be required.
• Provide in-person and remote Tier 1 and 2 IT support to customers as part of a team or working solo across multiple networks and across multiple facilities and locations
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Operating Systems, desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment; depending on location and staffing, may need to operate & maintain servers and storage devices
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with network devices, functionality & connectivity; TACLANE experience a plus
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software issues with MS Office and Outlook, Adobe, Java, PKIs
• Execute basic Active Directory tasks and manage NTFS permissions such as share folder access, etc.
• Understand how to apply patches and updates to workstations both locally and remotely, and using PowerShell, RDP
• Complete basic and advanced hardware and infrastructure work as directed, including: running cable and cable management at both workstations and in server rooms, workstation installations, checking UPS systems, replacing hardware components of laptops & desktops, basic printer maintenance
• Track all work in designated systems (such as Remedy), ensure completeness and accuracy of tickets, escalate issues as needed, and hand-off work between day or night shift
• In & Out process users, including creating accounts, setting up workstations, mapping drives and printers
• Schedule Video Teleconferences and de-conflict scheduled conferences as needed
• Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead, including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements or to backfill personnel during R&R or other absences
• Required ESITE Level 2 Education & Experience: HS Diploma/GED + 8 yrs experience, or Associate's Degree + 6 yrs experience, or Bachelor's Degree + 4 yrs experience, or Master's Degree + 2 yrs experience
• Required 8570 IAT II (or higher) Baseline Certification, such as: Security+|ce
• Required one of the Computing Environment certifications, such as: MCP, CCENT, or MCSA:Win10
Computing Environment certification, such as: CCNA:R&S, MCSA:Server12/16