Leidos has an opening for a Windows Server Systems Administrator with MS Exchange experience to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
This position requires an engineer to assist with the change process and incident response process:
Change Process: Support requirements from a customer and to maintain Windows Platform solutions in test and production. This work may be done independently or as part of a team. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
Incident Response: Troubleshoot Windows-related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems. Outages may be on critical systems and candidates must be able to work methodically through these stressful events. Provide recommendations to optimize Windows operation and performance.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Justice Communications System Team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will provide Windows Systems Administrator Services and manage, operate and maintain Windows servers at the customer site.
This responsibilities for this position include:
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository
- Produce and review technical documentation
- Perform systems operation support, including server system administration, general troubleshooting, and troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components;
- Provide Tier-3 support for e-mail related issues (permissions, quotas, global address list (GAL), Active Directory (AD) settings, etc.)
- Troubleshoot Outlook client related issues (email flow, profiles, cache files, searching, settings, distribution lists, etc)
- Troubleshoot the Exchange Master Data Service (MDS) and Calendar Address Rewrite (CAR) related issues
- Perform FOIA mailbox search/.pst/SCC exports (as requested)
- Perform MDS exports for requested component (e-mail) reporting and lists
- Participate in disaster recovery (DR) planning and execution in support of customer requirements;
- Support data center consolidation efforts;
- Design, build, and test application upgrades within specified timeframes.
- Work in a rapid paced environment and work independently
- Set up administrator and service accounts, tune system performance, install system wide software
- Maintain and administer a hybrid on-premise/Azure Cloud IaaS multi-site, multi-farm Windows server infrastructure
- Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8 years of overall related experience with a Windows server environment; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- 8 years relevant work experience as a Windows systems administrator with a focus on Microsoft Exchange
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Exchange configuration and administration
- Understanding of Windows Server design, configuration and administration
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- Experience completing registry backups and modifications
- Candidate should have experience with the latest Windows Server Administration tools.
- Professional Level hands-on knowledge of Windows server administration is required for this position.