The Geospatial Programs Division at Leidos currently has an opening for a Web Developer supporting the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Alexandria Virginia. This exciting opportunity involves all aspects of developing and maintaining a web based system, built on a Geographic Information System, used to track and analyze Department of Defense Humanitarian Assistance Projects worldwide. This position has the option of teleworking / working remote.
The successful candidate will be responsible for key aspects within the full software development cycle consisting of:
- Requirements - works with external customers to identify, document, and prioritize system requirements
- Design - identifies and analyzes designs, tradeoff considerations, and develops recommendations or adapts existing software to meet requirements, making key considerations for system usability
- Testing - troubleshoots software-related problems, develops repeatable unit tests, identifies issues and recommends solutions
- Deployment -assists in the migration of new/updated software starting with a development enclave, to the staging environment, through to the migration and validation on production servers.
- Maintenance - documents all aspects of the software, provides ongoing support to system administrators, analyze bug reports and deficiencies, document and implement corrective actions.
Additionally the successful candidate will support continuous monitoring activates for ongoing accreditation under the Risk Management Framework. This includes the ongoing collection and analysis of log and event data, looking at records of activity and performing real-time advanced correlation and pattern recognition. Documenting specific changes to hardware, software, and firmware, descriptions of new or modified features/capabilities, and security implementation guidance. Reviews updates to Security Technical Implementation Guides as released by the Defense Information Systems Agency and documents system impacts.
- BS with 4-6 years of experience in computer science or equivalent.
- Secret Clearance
- Ability to work remotely
- Experience developing and implementing with the following:
- Microsoft .NET C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, Razor Pages
- HTML 5
- CSS Preprocessing SASS/LESS
- Version Control: Subversion/Git
- Responsive Web Design
- Web Testing/Debugging
- Browser Developer Tools
- RESTful Services/APIs
- Cross-Browser Development
- Security+ Certification
- Strong Communication Skills - be able to expresses key ideas and obtain tangible feedback from cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - identifies risks and problems, and be able to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.