Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of UNIX and Storage Team Manager, in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) - Information Technology (IT) program.
The Army Corps of Engineers - Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers. ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services. Leidos is actively seeking personnel to support USACE headquarters locations in Washington, DC; Vicksburg, MS; Huntsville, AL; and Hillsboro, OR; across other USACE locations; and virtual positions.
The UNIX and Storage Team Manager will deliver outstanding service within a demanding 24 x 7 enterprise organization. The UNIX and Database Team Manager will work with remote teams and be responsible for communicating, mentoring and developing staff. Will lead a team responsible for providing the highest level of technical support to analyze, diagnose and resolve escalated problems.
• Manage Unix and Database teams to coordinate activities and implementations, follow and document procedures, respond, track, and escalate systems incidents.
• Oversee Unix System Administration duties such as installations, configurations, troubleshooting, kernel tuning, user access administration, file system tuning, hardware configuration, system performance tuning, disk management, custom package creation, shell scripting.
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the Unix System Administration and Database teams.
• Participate and serve as team's technical representative on incident events, post-mortem.
• Participate and serve as team's technical representative on change and problem management.
• Work closely with engineering and application teams to develop, plan and implement application deployments to on premise, private and public cloud implementations
• Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud and Unix infrastructure operations via automation scripting.
• Support servers and databases including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
• Develop and maintain the comprehensive systems architectures, frameworks and application interfaces
• Work with senior IT staff and management to develop and maintain company technical processes and standards
• Proactively learn about and evaluate emerging technologies (reviewing technical journals, team sharing, mentors, vendors, peer groups, special training)
BS degree and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Secret clearance (current/active)
Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification/s (ex: Security+CE, CCNA Security, etc.)
- • 5 or more years of managing technical teams
- • Must understand UNIX/Linux System Administration experience; compute, virtual machines, and hardware and software interfaces
- • Possess strong analytical skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- • Working knowledge of Solaris UNIX
- • Working knowledge of Oracle
- • Working knowledge of Red Hat
- • Capacity Planning and Performance Analysis abilities
- • Must be able to perform under tight time-frames and execute problem solving skills and understand the key drivers that impact the business
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in
yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
-Power homes and businesses
-Guide air traffic
-Streamline tax returns-
Protect digital footprints
-Contain environmental incidents
-Heighten port security
-Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear