At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
As part of our company mission, we're dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The Airborne Solutions division with the Defense Group has a dynamic opportunity for a Software Integration Engineer to work in our Aberdeen, MD office. In this role, you will focus primarily on systems engineering related to mission systems operations within, or in support of aircraft platforms. You will use your strong background in systems administration and/or network administration.
• Support the engineering team in the design, integration, and security posture of products; COTS, GOTS, Developed
• Support of Operator Ground Station (OGS), Tactical SIGINT Baseline (TSB), and Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) installs
• Develop test plans that validate all software requirements
• Integrate, test, and troubleshoot software systems
• Develop and maintain engineering documentation and diagrams
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
• Requires a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline and 8+ years of related work experience, or a Masters and 6+ years of related work experience experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• A clearance is NOT required to start. However, the ability to obtain and maintain a final Top Secret/SCI DoD level of clearance is required.
• Experience with virtualization including creation of VMs (Virtual Machines), building VM templates, and/or backing up VMs
• The ability to obtain and maintain a Security+ certification prior too, or within 90 days from date of start.
• Familiar with Linux and Windows operating systems
• 25% travel required in support of our customers
• Experience with implementing, managing, and administering Domain Controllers
• Experience setting up routers and switches
• Familiarity with BASH, PowerShell, and XML languages
• Experience with multi-level security solutions
• A current Secret, Top Secret or Top Secret/SCI Clearance