Leidos is seeking a Capture Manager/Business Development Analyst to support the business development and capture activities of our Civil IT portfolio. This position location is in Gaithersburg, MD, with local and extended travel expected up to 25% of the time. The position is focused on identifying, qualifying, and capturing opportunities within Civil IT programs, continuing to build the Leidos business pipeline, executing the BD process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the Civil IT domain.
• Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
• Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
• Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
• Lead capture activities, to include strategy workshops, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, proposal reviews. Shape opportunities to increase win probability.
• Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasks.
• Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed.
• Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
• Bachelor's degree, preferred in related technical field, and 10 years in a Business Development or a Capture Manager position. (additional education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
• Proven track record of successful capture management at a variety of acquisition sizes.
• Demonstrated access to key Civil IT government customers and industry partners.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans.
• Prior experience supporting business development and capture efforts for civil agencies.
• Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
• Strong, respected relationships within the federal IT community
• Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
• Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision.
• The ability to operate at the senior level and influence, negotiate and close.