The Government Health and Safety Solution Operation is seeking a Technical Lead to lead a mid-size team in a software development project for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The position is located in Bethesda, Maryland.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead a team of developers on design and development tasks
- Support the development of a technical roadmap
- Help develop white papers on latest technology, research and software development process, methods and techniques
- Provide system design, software development and technical guidance to the team
- Conduct design reviews and code reviews of tasks performed by other developers in the team
- Foster and mentor a high performing technical team
- Supervise the quality of designs and implementations of the modules and provide recommendations
- Work closely with Project Manager in planning releases, monitoring progress and investigating production issues.
- Assign tasks to other developers in the team and track the progress of those tasks against release schedules.
- Communicate and collaborate extensively with customers and functional team members such as Requirements, Architect, CM and Testing.
- Provide status and other day-to-day communications to the Project Manager
- Provide help desk triage/ production support
The candidate must:
- be a proactive and result oriented team leader;
- have strong design skills;
- be a problem-solver;
- thrive in a fast-paced work environment;
- comfortable working with customers and end-users
- exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills;
- be experienced leading/mentoring a 6-8 person technical team
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other science or technology field. More than ten (10+) years of professional experience as listed below.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
- Java 8 or higher
- Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Software release management in a Linux environment
- JEE / Servlets
- Spring JDBC
- Spring MVC
- Spring Boot
- Database Design (e.g. Entity Relationship Diagrams)
- Object oriented design and development
- Design patterns
- Web Services Development (REST, XML)
- Source Control and CM Tools
- Git experience
- Unit testing - JUnit
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Experience with a BPM tool (BonitaSoft)
- Test Driven Development
- Jira experience
- Angular or React
- Messaging systems like Kafka, ESB