Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement EUCOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Telecommunications Infrastructure Engineer. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, repairing and supporting all networked Audio Visual (AV), Voice and Video over IP (VVoIP), Voice over IP (VoIP) and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) services to include hardware, software, network, and scheduling components necessary to deliver real-time voice and video communications.
- Configuring devices in accordance with security policies.
- Monitoring capacity and utilization.
- Providing trending and capacity planning services to analyze and plan for efficient utilization and management of the networked services.
- Troubleshooting and correcting all detected or reported network faults or outages.
- Programming switching fabric to enable control panel functionality IAW current architectures.
- Managing an enterprise VVoIP and VTC dial-plan.
- Providing AV programming and engineering.
- Performing local touch labor installing, removing, or replacing VoIP and Voice over Secure IP (VoSIP) end user devices.
- Troubleshooting end user devices to determine reason for outage and return to service.
- Performing account management functions.
- Ensuring that trouble ticket items are investigated and resolved and that necessary equipment repairs are performed and documented.
- Working with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on unified capabilities implementation, optimization and ongoing management.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Providing assistance via remote access, phone, or in person.
- Providing AV, VTC, VVoIP engineering support to O&M engineering projects.
- Supporting AV, VVoIP, VTC engineering activities that span across multiple technologies and platforms.
- Performing engineering functions found in the service design domain and provide escalated support to incident management.
- Supporting engineering efforts to design, build, test, integrate, transition, implement, document, and train when transitioned to IT Operations Management.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
To be successful in this role, you must also have:
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with network hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Customer service-orientation and a proactive approach in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of resources.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, have strong leadership skills, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Ability to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Ability to interface with both client managers and system users.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
- BA/BS + 4 years, or AA/AS + 6 years, or a major cert + 8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- Expert experience working with and supporting Cisco Routers and Switches in a complex enterprise environment
- Expert experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- TESA eligibility
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements