Leidos is seeking a LAN/WAN Network Administrator at the Liberty Center locations in Chantilly VA. Candidates must currently have a TS/SCI clearance and be willing and able to pass and maintain a polygraph clearance.
The Network Administrator provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping multiple contracts mission. This position will mainly focus on the support multiple programs and projects housed at that location. The position is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for program systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service internal and external customers.
- Serves as the technical expert responsible for the engineering, implementation, installation, operation, and maintenance of SAN, Backup, and Endpoint protection architecture within Windows 7, Window 10, and Server 2012 -2016 networks.
- Collaborates with the Information Assurance team (ISSM/ISSO/ISSE)
- Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Handles networking support administration, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective actions(s) on real-time basis.
- Assists in planning for upgrades and replacements for the program assets reaching the end of their life cycle.
- Supports asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Performs administrative level installation, configuration, and maintenance on all components/assets associated with the program.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Interfaces with functional users in both routine and reactive monitoring situations. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of IT experience. Additional relevant experience, training or certifications may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with System Administration in a Windows desktop and Server operating system environment.
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret SCI clearance, with a willingness to pass and hold a polygraph clearance.
- Candidates must possess a Security + certification or be able to obtain within 3 months of start date with Leidos.
- Good communication and presentation skills and the ability to operate independently.
- Experience with Linux administration.
- Experience with Windows 2016
- Cisco Switch and Routers experience.