This person will perform the Chief Architect Role to provide technical leadership for the organization. As the Chief, this person will interface with the customer to understand their specific needs, assess available technical solutions, provide both hardware and software architecture recommendations, and provide the overall technical strategy for implementation that supports mission needs. This role includes leading Review Boards and working directly with application owners to prioritize application feature requirements.
Individuals must have demonstrated proven success working with Enterprise Architectures and a technical leadership role that is customer facing. Previous experience developing and implementing technical roadmap strategy is essential in this role.
- Develop Technical Roadmap based on customer mission priorities.
- Direct customer interface for all technical topics related to the program.
- Be the technical voice and, as necessary, meet with customers and partners.
- Develop partnership relationship between technical team, application product owners, and vendors
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of successfully leading and driving product development, architecture, and infrastructure activities that provide best in class product offerings and support.
- Proven successful experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience working directly with development and operations teams
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certification strongly desired
- Experience interacting with clients or customers at a senior executive level
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skill and attention to detail.
- Quick learner with self initiative and pride in end results
Ability to work directly with functional teams and establish implementation
Customer service oriented
Clearance: Top-Secret/SCI with Polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.