Job Requisition:SPLUNK Systems Engineer (Journeyman) - TS/SCI w/ Poly Required
The Systems Engineer role provides support across an Agile team to ensure system application requirements and user stories are ready for implementation. The Splunk engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows.
- Recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- The Splunk engineer will work in a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- The Splunk engineer will work with other team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards.
- Experience in SQL query development leveraging HTML, XML, CSS, Bash, Java, and Python scripts.
- Automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with Splunk
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience in SQL
- Familiar with Splunk Deployment Methodologies.
- Certified Splunk Administrator
- Certified Splunk Enterprise Security
- Requires Bachelors with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required to be considered for this position
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- Experience working on ODNI systems
- Understanding of ODNI system development policies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.