Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets with annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia.
Recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider, Leidos draws on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet healthcare challenges of today and the future. A company of scientists, engineers, and technologists, we deliver a broad range of customizable, scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, health care payers, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health, including the Department of Defense (DoD), Veterans Affairs (VA), Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care from the research lab to the patient bedside. From conducting groundbreaking research, to developing and supporting large-scale technology programs, to implementing and optimizing electronic health records (EHRs), Leidos is helping its customers improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes - advancing the next generation of care.
careC2, a rapidly growing startup technology business within Leidos, is delivering an innovative technology platform and products to the healthcare industry. Their LEAF Platform is a reusable and extensible framework that allows for rapid application development and enable clients to easily integrate and adapt as new technologies emerge. Along with a suite of emerging products, the careC2™ Pathways application is the next generation of care coordination software providing outcome-based solutions for clinicians and other healthcare professionals.
In order to make this start-up-like business successful, Leidos is seeking to build a team of seasoned Senior Product Managers with experience delivering web-based and/or SaaS products in an Agile environment. Leidos is in the midst of building a robust PaaS product and a suite of revolutionary heathcare software products. This journey requires product leaders who are proactive and progressive leaders in both approach and action. These leaders must have a proven track record of delivering commercial software/SaaS products within medium to large enterprises. The successful candidates will also demonstrate passionate and active leadership around developing a product centric culture with the necessary routines, disciplines and capabilities, as well as bringing an innovation & change mindset. Agile process experience/maturity experience (preferred).
These Senior Product Manager roles will act as the CEO of their product and be responsible for leading product management for large complex products, establishing the strategy & roadmap, driving KPI's and a shared product vision, expanding awareness and use of customer-focused approaches, and business model innovation across a wide range of cross-functional resources. A key component to success is having a 'can do' attitude, being comfortable navigating the obstacles in order to achieve results. This role requires an individual with significant experience working with products intended for a professional end user and should have a keen understanding of effective, pragmatic UX/UI design principals. In this case, the primary users will be Healthcare personnel and other associates with stories that will eventually extend to the entire healthcare ecosystems including providers, payors, clinicians, patients and their families. The successful candidates will establish and deliver on roadmaps that contain new, outcome-based features that will drive ways to reduce unnecessary variances in care delivery to improve paitient, clinical and financial outcomes.
The successful candidate will have a track record of leading product teams that have a strong engineering culture, a solid vision and can consistently execute. A strong product culture means that the team understands the importance of continuous and rapid testing and learning making mistakes and recovering quickly in order to learn and mitigate the risks. They understand the need for continuous innovation and that great products are the result of true collaboration.
- Responsible for developing, defining and owning the product vision and strategy for assigned product line including: project & product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing business and external customer needs; and translating needs into prioritized product requirements and product line roadmap.
- Establish and review KPI's, divisional goals and external customer experience. Lead internal cross-functional teams and external client requirements sessions to envision new innovative products, features, product concepts and develop user stories; translating them into a logically sequenced and optimized roadmap.
- Takes an outcome-driven approach to creating transformational products.
- Ensures features align to the customer needs and business unit goals and get to market per specifications, achieving desired outcomes and the expected adoption and usage by the customer.
- Identifies the customer segments with strong growth potential and opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to the customer and profitability/ROI to the organization.
- Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair functionality and/or the team's ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Closely collaborates with product strategy, engineering, UI/UX and product operations to deliver a best-in-class user experience and drive successful implementation of new product features and strategies.
- Performs business and financial analysis, monitoring and reporting and builds business case to justify expenditures for building products.
- Performs as Product Management and Agile SME and as consultant to senior management and key stakeholders in area of expertise and in support of product launch efforts.
- Manages, develops and mentors business line product managers and business analysts through on-boarding, training and development opportunities and performance management processes.
- Identifies industry best practices and builds partner relationships.
- Understands how technology advancements can add value and solve customer issues and increase customer satisfaction. Keeps up to speed on all new product launches in the online space.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least five years of experience in commercial software/SaaS product/business management and at least eight years of experience in product/business management or management consulting.
- 12+ years professional experience which should include five years of experience with client-facing solution development.
- Experience working with the product development lifecycle.
- Highly driven, motivated and results-oriented self-starter with excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience working on a portfolio/multiple products concurrently as part of a suite of products
- Significant experience focusing on the usability and adoption of products by end-users
- Significant experience influencing internal and external stakeholders around product requirements, roadmaps, etc.
- Experience working on product initiatives where the products optimize the process, task or set of tasks.
- Experience with concept-to-launch product design.
- Experience working with customers on product ideation, creation and strategy.
- Ability to operate independently and productively in an unstructured environment.
- Previous UI/UX experience working directly with end-users and designers for product initiatives
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to validate KPI's, identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- MBA, Masters or other advanced degree
- Experience managing commercial software products, preferably SaaS at enterprise scale.
- Experience in software products for automation, healthcare, pharmacy or workflow optimization is a plus.
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.