Key member of a team responsible in providing 3rd level application and system support in order to manage Workstation Image and Application Packaging services, solutions and support project work across a broad spectrum of imaging and packaging technologies. Primarily SCCM, MSI and MDT.
Perform the following functions as individual assignments or as part of a team:
- Expertise experience with implementation of a product rollout for multi- agency/division/department, working with stakeholders, users and vendors, with multiple facets (e.g. Department deployment and migration planning including hardware, software, Software as a Service, testing, training, communication, work team meetings).
- Plan, Consult and Monitor all project related activities to meet aggressive schedule
- Gather, analyse and create rollout plans based on stakeholder's readiness and availability.
- Plan, manage and facilitate meetings to develop a rollout schedule and plan collaboratively with the stakeholders.
- Carry out specialist technical and/or engineering activities in a professional manner in support of project and company objectives
- Carry out complex software packaging and O/S imaging assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of engineering and technical knowledge
- Carry out and/or lead varied software packaging assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of engineering and knowledge, which may include:
Software planning and estimating, status monitoring and reporting
- Devising new approaches, applying existing criteria in new manners and drawing conclusions from comparative situations
- Software packaging and patching tasks
- Software prototyping and investigations
- Potential for software coding and unit testing
- System integration and testing
- Software release documentation
- Assistance and input to Enterprise Architecture Design and Development
- Tools customisation and integration
- Potential for User interface design and development
- System release and deployment
- Research and development
- Correcting errors in existing maintained systems
- Making recommendations on the assessment of tools and software products
- Supervise and support Engineering staff as required
- Interfacing with the customer and system operators
- Perform System Testing, Deployment and training
- Work within the boundaries of company policies and procedures
- Prepare for and participate in mandated engineering reviews, including review of subcontractor involvement
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives
- Other duties as required
Appropriate degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialised training commensurate with assignment.
Relevant Professional Memberships desirable.
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a 'can-do', pro-active, approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve Leidos objectives.
- Professional experience within the relevant technologies and domains
- Professional experience in object oriented design and development methodologies
- Professional experience in the software life-cycle, to a documented process using standard methods and techniques/tools
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability in providing direction and coordination to a team of professionals
- Knowledge of computer security procedures and protocols
- Competent imaging & packaging using thick (MSI) & thin (XenApp, ThinApp & App-V) distributions
- Packaging for VDI environments
- Advanced knowledge of MDT and SCCM/Configuration Manager
- Experience with MDOP and client virtualization technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Client Imaging and Deployment
- PowerShell automation leveraging WMI
- VBScript automation
- Developing/maintaining Custom MOF files
- Some WQL - Windows Query language experience
Skills and abilities:
- You will have strong communication skills (verbal and written), technical and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work autonomously as well as contribute as a valued team member including:
- Strong level of skills with relevant technologies including:
- Admin Studio, SMSInstaller, InstallShield, vbscript and / or powershell scripting - MSI and EXE application packaging experience.
- Windows XP / 7 - Packaging for, and technical support experience with advanced knowledge of the Windows registry, file and folder security, local/domain user security, and operating system troubleshooting.
- TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, VPN, IPSec, and thin/thick/web application architectures.
- Windows Server Active Directory - technical support experience with knowledge of OU structures, AD security, local and group policy, and various scripting languages including Visual Basic Scripting.
- SMS/SCCM administration with specialisation in MDT integration, upgrades, and software deployments.
- Microsoft Office Suite ‐ /2003 /2007 /2010 - Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project, Internet Explorer
- Intermediate planning and organisational skills
- Intermediate supervisory skills
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues of a more complex nature
- Intermediate initiative in developing and improving systems and procedures
- Intermediate problem solving skills
- Intermediate analytical skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders at all levels
Education & Experience:
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
REFERRAL BONUS ELIGIBLE.