Job Requisition:Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Architect
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Architect Gaithersburg MD or Ashburn VA
Leidos is seeking a SOA Architect who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and the pulse of the National Airspace System, helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management
The SOA Architect has the primary and interdisciplinary skills integral to the life cycle success for the design and development of an enterprise-wide SOA-based infrastructure that enables the customer’s next generation mission. High level tasks include: defining and interpreting customer requirements, developing transition strategies from the legacy SOA system to a new system, planning the implementation and testing of the SOA-based infrastructure and associated user interface. The SOA architect works with other a solution architect and other team members in the development of a system wide solution.
• Expert knowledge of SOA principles and methodologies
• Knowledge of SOA governance (policies, rules, standards, processes, etc) best practices including service monitoring, security and management
• Experience in the service provisioning, message brokering, protocol mediation, service proxies, and schema validation technologies and products
• Experience with the FAA’s System-Wide Information Management (SWIM) infrastructure components
• Experience using Web Services and JMS services
• Ability to evaluate new Web Services technologies and configurations
• Knowledge of cloud computing technology
• Knowledge of virtualization
• Knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies related to Service Oriented Architectures
• Ability to define and interpret customer objectives, goals and intents and restate as SOA objectives and requirements
• Architect an enhanced enterprise-wide SOA-based solution that meets requirements and enables the customer’s Next Generation (NextGen) goals including the access of enterprise services from inside and outside of the enterprise
• Develop strategy to transition from the legacy to new SOA solution
• Support the design and development of a User Interface
• Plan and direct the implementation and testing of the SOA-based infrastructure, services and associated User Interface
• Must possess excellent communication and writing skills to work with all levels of an organization
• Typically requires Masters of Science in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related s with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience with service oriented architectures or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of the FAA and FAA practices and standards
• Public Trust clearance or higher level clearance attained
• Excellent communication and writing skills to work with all levels of an organization
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.