Leidos Defense Group is seeking an A&A Cyber Security Engineer to support our Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team in Ft. Meade MD. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify.
As the A&A Cyber Security Engineer, you will ensure appropriate operational security posture for the JRSS. You will also guide and advise on all matters involving the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Assessment and Authorizations (A&A) and day-to-day security of JRSS. You will work closely with government and Information Assurance (IA) Team to support Authorization to Operate (ATO) accreditation conditions and requirements.
- Conduct network security reviews that include validation of DISA's Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), network security policy, requirements and design.
- Managing and documenting A&A projects using Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) A&A workflow platform.
- Advise, conduct and document risk assessments, development of System Security Plans (SSP), Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and security policies and procedures
- Provide guidance in the implementation of security controls, doctrine and policies.
- Implement information assurance (IA) and security standards and procedures to identify, report and resolve security violations.
- Establish and satisfy IA and security requirements based upon user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Integrate and implement computer system security solutions. Analyze general IA related technical problems and support in solving these problems.
- Monitor the JRSS Stack for IAVA compliance and assess impact on DOD computer networks.
- Manage Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) to enable automated network vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, application vulnerability scanning, device configuration assessment, and network discovery
- Manage McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (HBSS) to prevent, detect, track, report, and remediate malicious computer-related activities and incidents
- BS degree in Computer Science, or other comparable technical degree from an accredited college/university and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills; have the ability to develop documentation and management level presentations.
- Candidate is expected to have technical knowledge and skills in one of the following areas: System Administration, network engineering, applications, and security operations.
- Demonstrate potential and willingness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology.
- Per the contract, U.S citizenship with an active Secret clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret clearance is required.
- Experience in performing risk assessment, IT audits, security planning, systems accreditation and policy development.
- Experience complying with DoD regulations and preparing for responding to information security audits and questionnaires.
- Understanding of related information technology (e.g. firewalls, VPN, virtualization, DLP, etc) and physical security assets.
- Understanding of basic networking, routing and transport security technologies and architectures
- Knowledge of domain structures, user authentication, data encryption, access audits and end-user security best practices.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX OS and any scripting language.
- Experience working with IDS/IPS and processes.
External Referral Eligible