Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Engineer at Scott AFB, IL.
The Network Operations Engineer will support the GSM-O program with provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
• Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
• Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
• Perform various complex software development tasks.
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance current customer capabilities.
• Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
• Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
• Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
• Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
• Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
• Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers.
• Experience with ports and protocols.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
• Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
• Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
• Pearl or other language scripting capable of running backup confits and other scripting to pull information from Cisco/Juniper routers
• IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
External Referral Eligible