Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist Journeyman to support our a customer in Springfield, VA. Active TS/SCI is required to be considered for the position. An Active TS/SCI with CI Poly is required to start in the position.
The Data Scientist will analyze actual and predictable interacting operational activities of given target sets and client requests to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques. The Data scientist will also devise modeling and measuring techniques; utilize mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.), and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines in support of GEOINT customer objectives. They will identify and evaluate standardized methods, models and algorithms to address intelligence problems of limited scale as directed. The data scientist will also be responsible for providing documentation for methods and algorithms use in data science solutions to the client and addressing outstanding items. The candidate must have demonstrated good oral and written communication skills. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing data research and analysis to solve intelligence problems by developing and applying methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large volumes of data to build new and enhance existing GEOINT and OSINT products, processes, and systems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 4-10 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI with Poly is required to be considered. An Active TS/SCI will require a Poly to be considered.
- Ability to conceive and prepare thorough, well-articulated tactical or strategic data science products
- Ability to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured data sets from various sources
- Ability to identify problems to which data science can be applied and initiate appropriate solutions
- Ability to identify and appropriately evaluate a wide range of existing methods, models and algorithms in familiar domains for a variety of mission driven problems while recognizing the capabilities and limitations of each method
- Demonstrated strong writing and oral communication skills