The CEA will facilitate the reuse of ideas, components, common services, and proven patterns across solutions delivered.
The CEA will lead the analysis of the IT portfolio and formulate the strategic plan and transition architectures needed to migrate applications into the cloud.
The CEA will define the roadmap for the IT portfolio and will seek out and introduce innovative ideas such as Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence to bring added value to the CBP mission.
The CEA will work with the Program Managers to build a well-integrated and agile IT organization, consisting of ~300 individuals from different disciplines and companies, that follow SAFe® values & principals.
The CEA will ensure required security controls are implemented necessary to obtain necessary authorizations to operate (ATO).
The CEA will ensure alignment with DHS/CBP enterprise architectures
• Define the technical architectures necessary (e.g., application, data, technology, organization) for the successful development, test, delivery, and sustainment of delivered applications/services.
• Define architectural components and their interfaces required for application, platform and infrastructure needs for development, test and production of systems
• Work with CBP Directors to define the business strategy, governance, organization, and key business processes needed to ensure the success of delivered applications/services.
• Promote adaptive design and engineering practices and drive architectural initiatives.
• Facilitate the reuse of ideas, components, services, and proven patterns across applications/services
• Ensure that IT applications/services delivered meet customer requirements; that solutions are fit-for-purpose (i.e., they provide the features/functions needed to perform the business functions that are required) and fit-for-use (i.e., they are safe, secure, reliable, and perform well)
• Define IT solution non-functional requirements (i.e., security, maintainability, performance, reliability, etc.)
• Support solution demonstrations
• Resolve technical issues/remove impediments that arise during the integration of solution components
• Provide technical expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of IT solutions
• Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of IT solutions for the modernization of existing applications and strategies for migrating them to the cloud
• Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to a complex matrixed Information Technology operations
• Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
• Recognized cloud certification, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Cloud Certified Professional, or related.
• Experience with managing and consolidating diverse user interfaces and architectures within an application portfolio.
• Experience providing detailed engineering and technical leadership to engineering staff involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks.
• Experience with modern IT system components, including: micro-services, data extract/load/ transformation services, and similar services
• The individual selected for this position should have a broad knowledge spanning many of the technologies used by the program
• The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
• 15+ years' experience engineering/architecting and delivering enterprise IT solutions
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions on a large (100M+) programs
• Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems, including developing effective COOP/DR solutions
• Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices comprising concept development, requirements engineering, architecture, design and development, integration, test and evaluation, and operations and maintenance
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Experience with leading migrations of applications and/or systems to the cloud.
• Experience with mobile applications and data analytics.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires Masters with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience.