Leidos seeks a Machine Learning (ML) Algorithms Research Engineer, to join our Cognitive Electronic Warfare (COGEW) business area. The candidate will research & develop new, state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and implement them across the RF domain (e.g., communications, radar, electronic warfare, spectrum sensing, and signals intelligence [SIGINT]), in both modelling and simulation environments and real time software embed systems. The candidate will also contribute to technology developments in signal processing, optimization, detection & estimation, deep learning, and adaptive decision and control. Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply machine learning and radar/signal processing principles, theories, and concepts in support of direct programs, IR&D, and marketing efforts.
- Designs and develops methods, algorithms, and systems that apply machine learning technologies to support advanced electronic warfare concepts.
- Works within and leads cross-discipline engineering teams developing, integrating, testing and fielding Cognitive Electronic Warfare systems.
- Supports business capture activities and proposals, by providing technical contributions in the areas of machine learning, advanced signal processing, radar, and electronic warfare.
- Strong experience with mathematical model tools and languages; such as MATLAB, Python, etc.
- Experience in being part of a multi-disciplinary project team in research or development.
- Strong and confident communication/presentation skills.
- An active US Secret clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science / Machine Learning, or similar field, and 8 plus years of relevant experience.
- Master's / Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science / Machine Learning or similar field, and 6 plus years of relevant experience.