Leidos Defense Group is currently looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our Communications and IT Services (CITS III) supporting US EUCOM and US AFRICOM located in Stuttgart, Germany. Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, IT Operations Lead supporting the United States Africa Command located at Kelly Barracks in Stuttgart Germany.
The OPS Lead will be responsible for overseeing all day-to-day operational tasks activities in support of the customer. The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a professional business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment that requires team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both internal and external executive leadership. The successful candidate must be experienced in overseeing the management and supervision of a minimum of ~150 personnel. Specifically, the Ops Lead will be responsible for monitoring and supervising the activities involved with the daily support of services to all AFRICOM's computing assets to include; End User Support Services, Event/Incident/Problem Management services, WEB/Portal and Collaboration Services, C2 Services, Audio Visual, VOIP and VTC services, Systems Engineering and Administration Services, Information Assurance; Systems and Network Operations; Configuration, Change, License and Asset Management; and all other IT services supporting AFRICOM, as well as the integration and development of multiple associated projects. The Ops Lead will be the interface between the customer and the CITS Functional Managers and provide input into the management activities within their functional area. Daily activities include but are not limited to: managing task order personnel, managing project schedules, hiring qualified staff members, coordinating operational activities with external and internal teammates or government groups, handling personnel issues as needed, and coordination with appropriate government representatives. The Ops Lead will be responsible for ensuring that personnel receive adequate guidance and direction for performing their daily tasks and will be responsible for developing/presenting briefings, preparing correspondence, and preparing project status reports as required.
- Current Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Current Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 12 or more years' experience in management of projects/tasks similar in scope and requirements to current program
- Provide leadership to a cross-functional team, managing team resource assignments, projected task completion dates, prioritizing activities based on customer requirements and SLAs.
- Exercise broadly delegated authority to assigned staff and supporting team in planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects
- Possess thorough understanding of the assessment, preparation, and implementation of environments and change control activities for complex tasks
- Possess the ability to work with others to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes
- Possess excellent briefing, writing, and communication skills
- Organize and implement the process of evaluating performance against established policies and procedures
- Must be detail oriented and organized
ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
Applicable IT certification (CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, etc.)
DoD Enterprise Service Management Framework
Possess an in-depth knowledge of DoD Enterprise IT policies and procedures