Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement of US EUCOM's mission objectives.
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Systems Engineer. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing senior level knowledge and Tier 3 support to the customer and their components to include Tier 3 infrastructure, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and support that builds, configures, and administers several hundred servers in their area of operation.
- Providing infrastructure engineering designs, builds, and escalated support to services and products.
- Supporting network engineering activities that span across multiple disciplines and platforms.
- Performing engineering functions found in the service design domain and provide escalated support to incident management.
- Supporting engineering efforts to design, build, test, integrate, transition, implement, document, and train when transitioned to IT Operations Management. Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required
- Supporting systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications.
- Providing effective and efficient operation and interconnectivity of a Department of Defense Network and will execute the actions required to correct deficiencies or shortcomings and to improve system performance and efficiency.
- Performing System and Network Administration and System Security.
- Performing and overseeing the management of Windows system administrator functions supporting a global Active Directory (AD) infrastructure.
- Analyzing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and supporting all switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptable power supplies, in-line network encryption devices, etc.
- Configuring devices in accordance with security policies. Develop and maintain IP address schemes for all assigned networks, and annually review and update the Master IP Routing Schema.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Working in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Demonstrating experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active TS/SCI Clearance
- BA/BS + 5 years, or AA/AS + 7 years, or a major cert + 9 years, or 11 years of recent specialized experience
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer MCSE
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or greater
- Senior level knowledge of supporting Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008-2016 and Windows 10, VMWare vSphere, Solaris 10-11, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- TESA eligibility
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Exchange, Active Directory, and SharePoint
- Experience with VmWare ESXi administration
- Experience with managing and developing Group Policies