Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement of EUCOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Network Administrator. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Operating maintaining, and managing the LAN infrastructure (e.g., switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptible power supplies, in-line network encryption devices).
- Creating, managing and maintaining VLANS as necessary to support Access Control List requirement.
- Monitoring and reporting network operational status and posture 24x7x365 in accordance with EUCOM directives.
- Installing, configuring, keying, re-keying and managing NSA Type 1 Encryptors.
- Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, repairing and supporting all switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptable power supplies, in-line network encryption devices, etc.
- Configuring devices in accordance with security policies.
- Developing and maintaining IP address schemes for all assigned networks, and annually review and update the Master IP Routing Schema.
- Troubleshooting and correcting all detected or reported network faults or outages.
- Providing assistance via remote access, phone, or in person.
- Demonstrating excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with network hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Demonstrating customer service-oriented and proactive approach in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of resources.
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, have strong leadership skills, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Working in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Coordinating hardware and software system installation and ensuring specifications are met.
- Creating and maintaining thorough documentation for all incident resolutions and troubleshooting instructions in the Knowledge Databases.
- Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active DOD Secret Clearance
- BA/BS + 4 years, or AA/AS + 6 years, or a major cert + 7 years, or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA Security + certification (IAT Level II or greater)
- Experience working with and supporting Cisco Routers and Switches in a complex enterprise environment
- TESA eligibility
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements