Job Requisition:Systems Integration Engineer
Systems Integration Engineer
Leidos is seeking a Systems Integration Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of software that improves aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS).
The Terminal Flight Data Management (TFDM) program is a Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) NextGen program based on airport surface management provides that efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
Responsibilities both independently and as a team member:
- Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips
- Developing Change Request Verification (CRV) test plans and procedures
- Developing, testing, and validating test scenarios
- Executing tests in the Lab and Virtual Test Lab (VTL)
- Performing data analysis necessary to verify test results and Problem Report (PR) fixes
- Identifying, debugging, and resolving software and system issues, working across the various system functions and threads
- Writing tools/productivity aids to help manage the various systems
- Creating scripts/tools to automate log analysis and system recovery actions
- System Owner Support
- Manage and own issues in multiple labs/deployed systems in multiple locations Actively work with system owner leadership to manage the fix flow and release deployment in the deployed system
- Develop and implement release management strategies and procedures
- Delivering high quality work products on or ahead of schedule
- Meeting or exceeding all individual and team objectives/milestones
- Following all documented test processes and using the most efficient methods to deliver a quality product.
- Learning system architecture, design, functions and capabilities to support the integration and test of the new capabilities and enhancements.
- Participate in wide-ranging engineering activities: requirements analysis, solution development, verification and validation as well as deployment.
- Delve into and engage across multiple System Engineering domains (Infrastructure and Applications) with a focus on analytics, system functionality and customer satisfaction as the architecture evolves and matures over the software development lifecycle.
- Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips.
- Streamlining the schedule sequence of departures to improve efficiency on the surface.
- Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities between the gate and the tower.
Typically requires Bachelors of Computer Science or BS Mathematics degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
The successful candidate will possess advanced integration skills and the ability to work independently in the following categories of integration:
- A good academic understanding and/or exposure to system engineering practices to contribute to and/or assist with system integration, requirements engineering, operational and decision analysis, systems definition, requirements baseline control and management.
- New system functionality integration
- PR verification
- Regression testing
- Data Reduction & Analysis
- Analyzing identified issues and helping to determine a solution with System Engineering and Software Engineering
- UNIX and Linux operating systems expertise
- Strong communication skills
- Problem Determination
- Air Traffic Knowledge
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.