Java Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems. Based in DevOps framework, participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
- Develop and integrate custom developed software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies
- Develop, prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Coordinate closely with team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure User Story alignment and implementation to customer use cases
- Analyze (though proof of concept, performance, and end-to-end testing) and effectively coordinate Infrastructure needs driven by developed software to meet customer mission needs
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Use industry leading DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Document and Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply and identify best practices and standard operating procedures
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and development practices
- Experienced in the software development lifecycle, with experience delivering within DevOps toolsets/practices
- Direct experience utilizing software testing performance tools, such as Junit
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Bash
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and tempo
- Familiar with development in Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Familiar with or direct experience with automated build/deployment using Cloudformation, Docker, Puppet
- Familiar with development leveraging cloud data services (ex: S3, RDS, EFS)
- Familiar with NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Spark, Tableau, Elastic Search, reactsJS, UIBootstrap.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understands version control systems
- Understands issue/problem tracking systems
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Candidate must be US Citizen.
Candidate must be willing to pursue sponsorship of US Government Clearance (TS/SCI with Polygraph)
- Experience in AWS Data management services (Elastic Map Reduce, Lambda, Kinesis)
- Experience with SAFe development practices
- Experience with Nagios
- Experience with development intended for automated testing suites, such as Katalon