Leidos is seeking a first line manager who will be responsible for the Early System Integration Team and half of the Systems Integration & Test (I&T) team, approximately 17 total engineers, on the Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) program. Responsibilities will encompass SW and I&T lifecycle activities for a large-scale software system in support of the TFDM contract. The candidate will be required to have a solid background in system integration and full development life cycle processes.
TFDM is a management system that will improve aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS). TFDM will provide efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
- Staffing and hiring activities to meet workload needs for the team, Includes interviewing and evaluation candidate new hires.
- Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities for specified control accounts.
- Cost estimating, workload and manpower planning, including authoring Basis of Estimates (BOEs), in support of team's current and future business needs on the program (e.g. proposals and task order preparation).
- Manage and responsible for Early System Integration and Integration & Test lifecycle activities including ESI checkouts of SW builds and hand-offs to I&T, development of Test CDRLs (Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports, etc.), integration testing, and formal test conduct to verify TFDM A-Level System/Subsystem Specification (SSS) requirements. This includes Accreditation, Regression Test, Site Simulation, System Support and Scenario & Adaptation activities.
- Interface with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to cost, schedule, resource management, and technical aspects of the team.
- Oversee team's engineering functions.
- Plan engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and apply tracking metrics.
- Implement Earned Value methodology as required by TFDM.
- Ensure delivery of quality work products, including specifications, plans and procedures, in accordance with program requirements.
- Demonstrate experience in providing technical oversight over staff.
- Identify requirements for subcontractor support to team.
- Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance reviews for the department's personnel; award programs and other employee award/assessment activities.
- Software, System Integration, and/or Test leadership experience
- Prior experience with cost accounting / earned value management / ownership
- Planning and cost estimating experience
- Prior experience in Software and System Integration & Test process, process improvements and Test architecture
- Experience with execution under Waterfall and/or Agile development methodology
- Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.