Job Requisition:Program Manager (PM)
The Program Manager will be responsible for overall Program performance.
The PM will be available to plan, direct, and control the overall management and operational functions during normal hours of operation and during periods of no-notice emergencies.
The individual will be responsible for removing impediments from their teams while promoting self-management and improving standards of work.
The individual will manage multiple projects and teams in a portfolio of programs. Individual will work in high-pressure production environments and deliver outstanding products for multiple customers each under tight deadlines and constraints. Individual will act as single Point of Contact for customer interface.
• Maintains overall programmatic (cost, schedule, etc.) responsibility for the execution of the contract and the delivery of services.
• Establish leadership, management and interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a large-scale program in support of a diverse set of government customers.
• Direct team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface. Performance management will be EVMS
• Adjust resource estimation, tracking progress and planning/re-planning based on realities of the team velocity and potential changes in product owner priorities.
• Plan and implement actions by the program team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for program deliverables.
• Organize and oversee all functions and activities necessary to perform the program to meet customer requirements.
• Cultivate and maintain client relationships
• Manage subcontractor relationships and participation
Minimum qualifications include:
• BA/BS w/ 12+ years’ experience including 7 years supervising teams & 5 years of professional experience as a PM or Deputy PM for a DoD Acquisition Category (ACAT) IA or BCAT I program
• Experience with MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul), Project and Portfolio Management, Supply Chain Management, COTS transitions, Cloud based systems (AWS), modernization of legacy systems, knowledge of Navy shipyards and regional maintenance centers worldwide, and cybersecurity.
• Experience managing DoD customer requirements on large Government contracts.
• Experience providing Government-specified program management deliverables based off of acceptance criteria derived from system requirements.
• Experience documenting status on customer-specified corrective actions, reports, and audits in a DoD/Government environment.
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
• Must presently have at least a Secret security clearance with the capability of acquiring a Top Secret security clearance.
Experience with the Navy customer.
Strong systems integration experience
EVMS management experience
Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.