We are currently looking for an entry level Security Specialist to join our team in Manassas, VA. The security specialist personnel are responsible for controlling access, performing foot patrols and preserving order at program sites. They maintain quick and controlled responses to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threats, flooding, hazardous materials, etc. They will also provide specialized security measures for high value program assets. This is a full-time position working the 7:00am - 3:00pm shift (Monday-Friday).
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains safe and clean security reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Perform hourly foot patrols
- Maintain secure environment integrity
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled security reporting requirements
- Provide 5 minute or less response time to all incidents at assigned facility
- Execute FOD sweeps during foot patrols
- Execute FOD sign-in sheets, monitor active/inactive worksheets per shift
- Escort visitors as assigned
- Observe and report incidents captured via CCTV
- Any other assigned tasks
- Duty location may be re-assigned temporarily as operational requirements dictate
- Ensure operation of all security equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Answer calls and investigate central service monitoring alerts
- Learn, verify and execute JPAS VAR's and communicate with Leidos SCC
- High school diploma/GED (or agreement to complete a GED program within six months of hire) and 0-1 year of relevant experience.
- A reliable means of transportation and communication (i.e., phone or pager)
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Willingness to participate in our pre-employment screening process (drug screen and background checks)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a minimum of Secret security clearance; clearable up to TS/SCI preferred
- State of VA Guard Certification
- Active Secret security clearance or higher