The Defense Group within Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Software Test Automation Engineer in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. The Software Engineer will work closely with architecture and software engineering teams to verify software functionality and automate testing.
The AFATDS is a multi-service command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander's guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander's guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government's objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army's Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Work in an integrated team capacity, frequently coordinating with Systems Engineers, Architects and Capability Software Developers
- Develop and maintain test utilities and test harnesses
- Use Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket development operations, collaboration and source control tools
- Participate and conduct peer reviews of automated test scripts
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Provide technical support to other engineering groups
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing, Smoke Testing and Integration Testing, Interface Testing, and Regression Testing
- Maximize test automation and participate in test driven development activities including Contractor System Test (CST)
- Produce test reports
- Document and manage defect identification through resolution and closure
- Work closely with the Test Engineering team to support program milestone events including the Critical Design Review (CDR) and Limited User Testing (LUT)
- BS degree in related technical field or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience or
- Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress and close issues while working on particular application releases
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with automated test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages
- Experience with test process development, test case design, test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and test reporting
- Knowledge of Objected Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming and Java/J2EE technologies
- Knowledge of User Interface development technologies, such as HTML5, NodeJS, Angular 2.x (TypeScript), etc
- Familiar with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing including experience with Army products and interfaces
- Experience testing web services, including REST-based services using serialization formats such as JSON and/or XML
- Experience working with Linux, JAMA, Confluence, Jira, and BitBucket as well as standard Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of network architecture and communications
External Referral Eligible