Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer Task Manager, located in our in Dayton, OH office directly supporting our R&D customer. The selected candidate will provide Software Engineering team technical direction support throughout various phases of design and development through characterization of customer requirements. He/she will understand basic software engineering concepts, develop and implement strategies to execute and improve established corporate and program documented processes, enhance performance by introducing efficiencies gained from continuous integration/continuous delivery constructs, and will develop and implement best practice methodologies where possible.
What you will get to do on a daily basis:
• Responsible for driving the technical execution of a research and development program supporting system - of - system communication through the use of open software architectures.
• A hands-on software engineer task manager to help research, design, coordinate, build and enhance highly available, scalable systems used by our customers for the advancement of open system architectures.
• Responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, unit testing, integration testing, writing documentation and analysis of technical products and systems.
• Perform system engineering functions for hardware, network, and software components including: requirements specification product and design evaluation; trade-off, and selection analysis; modeling and simulation; and performance analysis
• Drive customer and internal support for and execution around continuous R&D requirements for both internal and external customers
To be successful in this job you will need these:
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline with 7+ years of software engineering experience
• Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a secret security clearance
• Have recent experience with developing software code in C/C++/C#/Java and an appreciation for the SDLC
• Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks
• Knowledge/experience in directing and tasking a diverse team of prime and sub contract engineers while coordinating efforts for co-primes
• Familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, or NetBean IDEs
• Ability to work independently and/or under supervision
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Master's degree in an engineering or technical discipline with 5+ years software engineering experience
• Possess strong priors operating within the constraints of TS/SCI or higher environments
• Practical Knowledge of UML design tools
• Multi-level security development experience
• Embedded Real Time Software experience or low-level hardware interfacing experience (such as using embedded hobby boards like the Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Launchpad, Beagle, etc.).
External Referral Eligible