The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking a Unmanned Airspace Systems (UAS) Security Project Manager to support the FAA customer.
In this role, you will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Systems Operations Security Group in the use of National Airspace System (NAS airspace).
Support will assist the government in addressing a broad range of issues associated with the integration of Unmanned Airspace Systems (UAS) in the NAS from a security perspective.
Provide solutions to complex airspace situations for NAS stakeholders.
Primary responsibilities for the role include:
- Support the operational deployment and use of Counter-UAS (C-UAS) technology as it pertains to FAA security.
- Identify risks and associated mitigations.
- Support meetings among government agencies.
- Track and Report planned UAS Security related activities.
- Provide detailed and updated reports of C-UAS operational deployments.
- Track Metrics and create reports on the progress of selected activities.
- Provide written products to the government when required.
- Support related briefings regarding UAS Security items for public, local, state and federal stakeholders when required.
Typically requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience can be substituted .
Ability to obtain a Top Secret or TS-SCI clearance.
- Knowledge of the FAA Air Traffic System preferred.
- Air Traffic Controller (ATC) experience preferred.
- Additional experience in Management, Traffic Management Units (TMU), Airspace and Procedures Staff time, also preferred.
- Background with UAS and C-UAS technology preferred.
- Familiarity with NOTAMs, Domestic Events Network (DEN), Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs); Military Operating Areas (MOAs; Special Airspace Activities (SAA) preferred.
- Experience with Technical Writing and strong communication skills preferred.