Leidos has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering expertise in the development of flight hardware for a variety of programs including the International Space Station, Orion Program and other emerging programs such as Gateway. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for derivation of customer needs and goals into project requirements and subsequent development of test and verification methodologies. The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for managing and employing SE standard methods, MBSE models and artifacts, SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning and related activities. The Senior Systems Engineer will interface with senior NASA personnel both formally and informally.
- Identification, derivation and documentation of programmatic requirements.
- Management of SE processes and methodologies, resolution of technical conflicts and challenges, management of technical processes.
- Interface with NASA personnel and contract employees to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables and resolve systems engineering issues.
- Lead technical management and ensure the execution of engineering activities, requirements analysis, stakeholder coordination, integration and test, sustaining activities, documentation, deployment and system assessment at both the program and project level.
- MBSE approach for system planning, design and execution.
- Assist the project to define processes for technical solutions and system specifications.
- Identify, define, analyze and manage interfaces.
- Manage entry/exit criteria for all technical reviews, and advocate for appropriate review artifacts, activities, documentation and stakeholder/community participation.
- As part of the systems engineering function, this position will monitor and report technical variances, facilitate resolution of technical issues that may impact successful technical solution delivery and deployment.
- BS degree in Engineering with at least 20 years experience
- Ability to derive and sub-allocate requirements, execute interface analysis
- Experience in project planning, trade studies; objective and element identification
- Capable of identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions;
- Able to determine root cause and execute contingency/mitigation activites.
- Experience defining physical, functional and operational interfaces
- Experience using Cradle or DOORS
- Experience with NASA and/or NASA systems.
- MS Degree in Systems Engineering
- Working knowledge of Sharepoint
- Experience with NASA systems such as EDCC, MIDAS, CDS, QARC, EDMS
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. Work cannot begin on the contract without a fully adjudicated security clearance. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.