Leidos has an opening for an Engineering Technician in support of the DCGS-N documentation and systems engineering efforts in North Charleston, SC.
Systems Engineering Technician specializing in system documentation efforts supporting the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N) Family of Systems (FoS) which includes DCGS-N INC 1 Block 1, DCGS-N INC 1 Block 2, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP). DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system.
The employee will be a major contributor in documenting software integration, system administrative, operational and testing procedures.
Candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to author, perform and validate technical documentation and procedures.
- Work as a "documentation specialist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds.
- Defining DCGS-N procedures, baselines and versioning; developing and validating system administrative procedures, system integration guides and operational procedures to support the logistics, testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
- This position requires periodically traveling to, and working and living onboard US Navy ships.
- Employee must be able to:
- Physically travel to the intended destination, board the ship either by walking onboard, flying by military helicopter or COD (carrier onboard delivery) aircraft which requires the ability to withstand the stress of a catapult launch or an arrested landing.
- Must be able to live and work in an environment that is in constant, unsteady motion.
- Must be able to climb up and down ship ladders throughout the workday. Ship ladders have a steep incline and minimal head clearance.
- Ships may be up to 13 decks with the berthing, galley and work locations all on separate levels. Employees must be able to climb up and down the ship ladders throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs while climbing multiple flights of ladders.
- Complete all government customer required training, readiness and International Travel requirements
- Employee must be adequately covered by medical insurance/health care to cover off-site medical services and evacuation from abroad in the event of illnes or injury for applicable personnel either through Leidos or a provider of their choosing.
- Additionally, employee will be subject to random drug and alcohol screen tests to ensure compliance with company policies, contractual requirements and/or host country laws
• Possession of an Associate's of science degree in the technology field from an accredited college/university.
• U.S. citizen with current TS/SCI.
• 4+ years of experience with C5ISR systems administration and equipment.
• Experience/training in development, writing, editing, and proofreading of military technical documentation.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe authoring products.
• Ability to travel 25% including possible underway period's onboard U.S. Navy ships.
• Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Server+ and accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems.
• Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008/2012 environment.
- All employees working on the DCGS-N in engineering support and training support roles who may embark on US Navy ships must be medically cleared by the customer under COMUSFLTFORCOM/COMPACFLT INSTRUCTION 6320.3B (as it may be amended from time to time) to deploy and must maintain that status, as a condition of employment, or face administrative termination. This may require an annual fitness for duty physical and review.
• Experience with Oracle Blade Servers/CT900, IBM Blade Center and Blades, Oracle T-5 servers, Dell Windows Servers, NetApp Storage solutions.
• Experience in a Solaris 10/11, MS Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), MS Hyper-V.
• Previous experience with COMPOSE/ISNS/CANES Environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
• Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground System background.