Job Requisition:Software & Systems Engineering Manager Senior-Lead
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a SMED Portfolio Software & Systems Engineering Manager (Senior/Lead) to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Sensors and Mission Equipment Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Aerial and Terrestrial Sensors and Aviation Mission Equipment systems. You will provide technical support to the assigned SMED systems to include: Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL-E), and Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite), Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Persistent Surveillance System Tethered (PSS-T), and Common Sensor Payload (CSP), aviation navigation, communications, ground support avionics, command and control, and tactical air traffic control systems.
- Interacts with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design.
- Participates in the development of test strategies.
- Solving system analysis problems (or managing the solution of system analysis problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Additional duties may include: performing requirements and design reviews; analyzing specification updates and management; supporting engineering reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR); managing and responding to Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Change Requests (CRs); performing safety analysis and reporting; and conducting safety tasks/developing Safety Plans and Reports; Safety Analysis and Reporting; Conduct safety tasks and develop Safety Plans and Reports; performing Software Engineering Assessments and Technical Evaluation; and determining completeness, accuracy, clarity, maintainability, supportability, reusability and performance to meet specification requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or engineering discipline
- Five (5) years functional and management experience performing analysis and decomposition of high level user requirements into functional system, software and hardware requirements. Advanced degree with 2+ years of experience may be considered.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements
- Currently possess an active Secret clearance and Top Secret eligibility
- Advanced Degree is desirable
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.