Job Requisition:Senior Splunk Engineer
The Defense group at Leidos is seeking a Senior Splunk Engineer to support the DTRA ITSS II contract at Fort Belvoir, VA.
This position will be direct support to the DTRA Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP). You will be working side by side with a junior Splunk Engineer assisting with various Splunk related projects and day to day maintenance. In addition to Splunk there is the opportunity to work with other Cyber Security tools such as Arcsight, Zeek Security Monitor, CISCO Firepower IDS, and Symantec PCAP.
- Experience in using SIEM technologies to support in-depth investigations and 'hunting' activities.
- Experience with SPLUNK Enterprise Security is preferred but not necessary.
- On call 24x7 support
- Perform ongoing development for additional use case and SIEM tuning.
- Administer Splunk and Splunk Apps to include extending/modify existing Apps to perform specialized functionality.
- Integrate Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources and industry leading commercial security tools.
- Consult with customers to customize and configure Splunk in order to meet their requirements.
- Perform maintenance and optimization of existing Splunk deployments.
- Deployment and management of clustered systems.
- Communicate with customer stakeholders to include leadership, support teams, and system administrators.
- Create formal documentation such as reports, training material, slide decks, and architecture diagrams.
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Formal Splunk Education Courses.
- Splunk 6.x-7.x (Splunk Certified preferred) Administrator level
- RHEL / *nix
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or III compliant certification required (Sec + and CEH preferred)
- Must have a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Below are some other certifications that can be used for this position (in lieu of CEH):
***We can also interview any candidate who is willing to take the test within 2 weeks before coming on board. Obviously they would have to pass before being on boarded. ***
- Secret clearance required. Top-Secret preferred. Top-Secret with SCI eligibility or ability to obtain SCI preferred
- DNS / DHCP / IIS
- SQL / Oracle
- Cisco / Networking
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Technical Expertise
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.