Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a SMED Portfolio Integration and Test Manager (Senior/Lead) to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Sensors and Mission Equipment Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Aerial and Terrestrial Sensors and Aviation Mission Equipment systems. You will provide technical support to the assigned SMED systems to include: Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS),Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL-E), and Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite), Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Persistent Surveillance System Tethered (PSS-T), and Common Sensor Payload (CSP), aviation navigation, communications, ground support avionics, command and control, and tactical air traffic control systems.
- Defines, documents, analyzes, performs, and interprets developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
- Investigates and resolves operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Provides technical support and advice to other engineering groups.
- Guides and directs lower level personnel on the set-up and performance of tests.
- Acts as liaison with outside suppliers in establishing or modifying specifications for purchased items.
- Devises and applies testing procedures for parts or sub-assemblies received from outside vendors.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
- Test engineer (or similar job title) in the functional area to which assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline is required.
- Five (5) years functional experience requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing. Advanced degree with 2+ years of experience may be considered.
- Experience in creating Test and Test Automation Strategies for a family or portfolio of systems.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements
- Currently possess an active Secret clearance and eligible for Top Secret
- Advanced Degree is desirable
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes a plus