Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Leidos Europe, part of Team Leidos, are looking for an Operations Mana ger to join the Operations team based in MOD Abbey Wood, Bristol.
Team Leidos is honoured to support the UK MOD's Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCS[T]) programme, a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK's defence supply chain.
The Team Leidos (TL) Operations Manager is primarily responsible for planning, directing and coordinating TL support to Defence Operations and Exercises.
The duties include:
- Build and maintain close engagement with all stakeholders planning and delivering the Defence Support Chain (DSCOM), including Defence Support Chain Operations & Movements, Front Line Commands, Defence Equipment & Support Delivery Teams, and TL Commodity Support Services, Storage/Distribution and Freight, and Global Logistic Services.
- Understand Defence requirements and inform military Operation & Exercise planning.
- Interpret Defence planning in order to generate complementary TL plans.
- Execute TL plans in order to deliver effective support to Defence Operations and Exercises.
- Provide situational awareness and prioritised direction to TL business units in order to ensure effective operational output.
- Maintain close engagement with the Authority throughout all Operations and Exercises, ensuring that TL stakeholders are made aware of any changing priorities in the outputs required of them.
- Continually monitor logistic support performance and address potential shortfalls in order to prevent or ameliorate adverse operational impact.
- Ensure that the DSCOM is made aware of any risks and issues which may impact upon Support Chain effectiveness and support 'hot planning' to address any immediate impact.
- Escalate significant risks and issues to the TL Senior Leadership Team as appropriate.
- Provide a TL interface for DSCOM personnel to request support, engagement and issue resolution in support of Operations and Exercises.
- Line manage TL Operations Support Coordinators.
- Be prepared to temporarily provide out-of-hours Ops Room cover in support of emerging Operations.
- Be prepared to deploy, for a limited duration, to provide TL advice and support to a deployed military HQ.
A military background and experience on Military Operations.
Must be able to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Degree level education.
Minimum six years' experience in a similar role.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)