Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking a SMED Configuration and Release Manager (Senior/Lead) to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM Software Engineering Center Sensors and Mission Equipment Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services and subject matter expertise in Aerial and Terrestrial Sensors and Aviation Mission Equipment systems. You will provide technical support to the assigned SMED systems to include: Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL-E), and Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite), Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Persistent Surveillance System Tethered (PSS-T), and Common Sensor Payload (CSP), aviation navigation, communications, ground support avionics, command and control, and tactical air traffic control systems.
- Must be able to write Configuration Management (CM) Plans and audit software change procedures, software development, software testing, and software documentation to verify compliance with software CM plans and procedures.
- Must be capable of participating in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the software baseline for each system.
- Working on code management, audits, baseline identification, and preparation and control of documentation for software projects.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required. Four years additional applicable experience can be substituted for the degree.
- Five (5) years functional and management experience performing Configuration Management of software in an environment containing multiple systems, each with one or more software baselines. Advanced degree with 2+ years of experience may be considered.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements
- Currently possess an active Secret clearance and Top Secret eligibility
- Advanced Degree is desirable
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Production Software Sustainment (PPSS) processes a plus