Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are looking for a General Ledger Accountant to backfill activities arising due to a member of the accounting team taking maternity leave, and is expected to last for 1 year.
The General Ledger Accountant reports into the UK Controller and provides general ledger accounting support for the Leidos UK operations.
The role is focussed on payroll accounting and monthend close activities.
- Under the supervision of the Senior General Ledger Accountant, prepare the monthend payroll journals and related balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysis of payroll costs
- Provide general monthend support including journal posting and analysis
Balance sheet reconciliation
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
Other ad hoc support
- Support the billing and revenue team in transacting customer invoices and booking monthend entries for revenue
- Audit support as required
- Experienced in using Microsoft Excel
- Team player but able to work independently and proactively
- Good time management with the ability to achieve deadlines
- Recognised accounting qualification, or studying towards qualification e.g. AAT
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)