The C4ISR Solutions Operation within the Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a C4ISR Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
The CTO will be responsible for overall technical execution to include technical solutions for priority captures, internal research and development (IR&D) projects and technical performance on major programs. CTO will actively participate in the definition and implementation of the long-term technology strategy aligned to the Operation, Group, and Corporate technology strategy, and the ever-evolving set of Operation, Group, and Corporate goals. Additional responsibilities of the Operation CTO include closely partnering with Operation management to ensure the Operation's technology strategy is aligned with the organization's strategic plan and is reflected in the business development plans. Consulting with business leadership on potential solutions to problems. CTO will meet with current and potential customers to demonstrate the company's credentials at solving problems with technically-sound solutions. The CTO will also be an active participant in the Capture Process to include writing and reviewing proposal material. The Operation CTO will seek partnerships with strategic suppliers, renowned universities and research institutions to increase learning opportunities, sponsor research projects that take C4ISR Solutions Operation solutions to the next level, and where possible, showcase developing technology both internally and externally. The CTO will be the chief collaborator for all technical matters within the operation and to any organization within Leidos. Additionally, the Operation CTO will be responsible for the development and mentoring of a set of mid to senior level technical staff.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in a Technology or C4ISR Technology field and be a recognized expert
- 20+ years of related experience with a Master's degree or 16+ years of related experience with a Doctorate
- Prior technical roles within similar organizations with growing duties and responsibilities
- Large acquisition program experience
- C4ISR domain experience; specifically maritime systems, C2 systems, training systems, ISR systems, and their associated support services; dealing with and mitigating risk for sensitive information, along with key expertise in audit controls
- Experience with policy formation, performance management, and best practices in the Defense industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well developed sense of strategy
- Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
- Significant experience supporting capture activities to include chairing/participating in Gate Reviews, writing specific sections of proposals, and providing preliminary technical guidance for solutions
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance