No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The NISC III program within Leidos Civil Group is seeking an Air Traffic Controller background to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Western Service Area (WSA) with the development and analysis of project schedules related to Performance Based Navigation (PBN) projects. This will include navigating, correlating, and manipulating multiple databases, and generating reports from numerous sources. There will be heavy emphasis on validating project schedules and data analysis, focused on material related to PBN development, resultant flight paths, and anticipated impacts to the National Airspace System (NAS). The candidate will apply a wide range of methods to gather and evaluate technical information and prepare reports, briefs, and recommendations to management on proposed courses of action. Within time, it will be anticipated for the candidate to operate the Terminal Area Route Generation Evaluation Traffic Simulation (TARGETS) and RNAV-Pro software, and maintain high degree of proficiency using these tools. In addition, it will expected to retrieve and analyze PBN and air traffic data from various sources including the PBN Dashboard Observer, the Project Tracking Tool (PTT), and the Sector Design and Analysis Tool (SDAT) Offload Extractor.
- Previous designation as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC).
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience OR equivalent practical experience as a CPC (Certified Professional Controller).
- Strong writing skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate technical information of an aviation nature to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to analyze aircraft flight data and interpret compliance with standard Air Traffic Control procedures.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired):
- Knowledge of FAA Performance Based Navigation (PBN) programs.
- Experience in writing and/or editing a variety of material such as research reports, controlled correspondence, reports, or briefing papers specific to the needs and knowledge of the target audience.