Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for an IT Program Management role located onsite in Austin, TX. (We do not provide relocation, this job is not open to remote work). The selected candidate will support initiatives involving the development, design, and optimization of one of more IT and systems functions supporting customer business processes and technical information system platforms. Responsible for status reports, customer relationship management, program reviews, and other program performance functions. Collaborates with functional staff to address corporate initiatives and requirements.
Provide IT project management support for various ITOPS IO projects and sub-projects. Expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects. Manage assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project. Ensure objectives of the projects are achieved. The scope of projects includes infrastructure projects, application-specific IT projects, administrative projects, telecommunications projects, security projects, and process improvement projects.
- Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards and guidelines established for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Follow VA and ITOPS IO standards and procedures for Project Management.
- Develop formal project charters as required by the ITOPS IO Program Manager.
- Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project expectations.
- Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
- Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project being managed.
- Coordinate activities with existing ITOPS IO customers.
- Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests from internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project. The Contractor shall develop Project Schedules that are deliverables-based and accurately depict the work to be performed by the project. All project plans, WBS and schedule work product must be retrievable by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule, and identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Apprise EO management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
- Develop System Development plans, track activities to the plan, and communicate status, utilizing the latest ITOPS IO Project Management tools.
- Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives. All variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives. Utilize industry and EO established project standards, procedures and quality objectives without requiring assistance from others. All documentation shall be provided to the COR/VA PM for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
- Identify artifacts needed to establish and maintain control of the project. Create and utilize those artifacts mandated by VA and ITOPS IO standards.
- Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and performing project activities.
- Review project management activities with Senior Management on a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- Develop estimates for project's effort, costs, and critical computer resources according to the specific application.
- Notify all affected groups of approved change orders.
- Track effort, cost, critical computer resources, development activities, and schedule, and take corrective actions as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 15 yrs experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- PMP Certification (Must have PMP certification)
- US Citizen