The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking an ARTCC Critical Essential Power System (ACEPS) Power / Electrical Engineer to support the FAA customer.
In this role you will provide engineering support to the Power Services Group within the National Airspace Systems (NAS).
You will also be called upon to design and conduct design reviews of electrical power systems, components, and equipment associated with the modernization, expansion and upgrade of complex power systems within the NAS.
Electrical power systems may include combinations of more than one source of commercial power, auxiliary engine generators, power conditioning systems, uninterruptible power systems and complex switching and monitoring systems.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Supporting the development of electrical engineering implementation plans.
- Acquiring/tracking information for site surveys.
- Tracking of implementation and transition issues.
- Development of project timelines that identify/address critical facility needs.
- Design and/or conduct design reviews of complex electrical/electronic systems.
- Review, analyze and provide recommendations on the expansion and upgrade of complex electrical power systems;.
- Evaluate and/or generate electrical engineering cost estimates; and
- Develop and maintain tracking and status information for power systems.
- Review vendor and installation contractor submittals.
- A BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 4-6 years of prior relative experience is highly desired.
- Electrical Engineer with an awareness of power systems and electrical engineering design experience.
- Competent in electrical engineering software and the use of AutoCAD.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must as well as the ability to work pro-actively and productively in a fast paced, detail oriented environment; independently or as a member of a team.
- Some travel will be required.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- An understanding of Power Systems and Power Systems implementation is preferred.
- Experience in emergency / backup and standby power systems is desired.
- Experience and/or certification in Project Management is also desired.