Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company delivering a host of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established and upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement AFRICOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Computer Support Administrator, Senior (CSA). This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Must hold and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
BA/BS + 5 years, or AA/AS +7 years, or a major cert + 9 years, or 11 years of recent specialized experience
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate MCSA - Server 2012
DOD 8570 IAT 2 compliance (CompTIA Security +, Equal or greater)
• Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing personal computer systems, hardware, software, computer peripherals, and AV equipment.
• Assist employees via remote access, phone, or in person.
• Mentoring or training other Computer Support Administrators.
• Possesses excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
• Possess customer service-orientation and acts proactively in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
• Provisioning and maintaining mobile devices (NIPR, SIPR).
• Supervising small to mid size Computer Support Administrator teams
• Interfacing with both client managers and system users.
• Supporting systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows 10 Enterprise network. Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop and laptop PCs, mobile devices and peripherals, such as printers.
• Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades.
• Troubleshooting and resolving complex issues and work with other teams to identify root cause and resolution.
• Configuring multiple devices including personal device support and configuration.
• Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines.
• Administering infrastructure services like FTP, IIS, DNS, DHCP, and GPOs.
• Analyzing user needs for business applications.
• Researching alternatives and proposes solutions.
.Coordinating hardware and software system installation and ensures specifications are met.
• Creating and maintaining thorough documentation for all desktop solutions and troubleshooting instructions in the Knowledge Databases.
• Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
• Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
• Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
• Working in a dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
• Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
ITIL v3 - Foundation
Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
Experience working with basic networking to include foundations of Cisco Routers and Switches