Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established and upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement AFRICOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Windows Systems Administrator (SA). This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
As the Infrastructure Support Administrator you will:
- Perform a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Supervise and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems.
- Optimize system operation and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Set-up and maintains more than one type of computer system such as Open VMS Systems/DSM environments, UNIX systems (SCO and SUN), and Windows systems. Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Evaluate and install developed software during various phases of testing.
- Review and prepare documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
- Investigate and recommend methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiate preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Administer systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
- Interface with vendors for trouble calls.
- Support the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- May provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Interface with both client managers and system users.
- Support systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows 10 Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications.
- Perform Windows system administrator functions supporting a global Active Directory infrastructure in a mixed Windows environment.
- Provide journeyman level knowledge and Tier 0/1 support to the customer and their components to include Tier 0/1 infrastructure troubleshooting and support that involves the configuration and administration of servers in their area of operation.
- Provide remote support and/or travel to customer servers and sites as required.
- Maintain and support network devices consisting of primarily Cisco routers and switches.
- Use your knowledge to ensure you are successful in providing necessary administration and maintenance support of this system.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active Secret clearance.
- BA/BS + 4 years, or AA/AS +6 years or a major cert + 8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate MCSA - Server 2012, VCA
- DOD 8570 IAT 2 compliance (CompTIA Security +, equivalent or higher)
- TESA eligibility
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Experience working in VmWare ESXi environments
- Experience with network storage (SAN/NAS)
- Experience with enterprise backup solutions
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards