The Leidos QRC Airborne ISR Division has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineering Lead to support multiple ISR platforms that include both air and ground systems. This opening is located in Bridgewater, VA and will require the candidate to relocate in order to be considered for this position.
- Responsible for leadership, planning and assignment of tasks, monitoring delivery, and work assignments for the entire Systems Engineering team.
- Provide subject matter expertise to assist with matters to include strategies for improving resource allocation, alignment of work, and improving work-life balance for employees.
- Communicate with government leadership, understand goals and direction, and act on requests.
- Ability to identify and solve issues and remove roadblocks when required.
- Responsible for review and delivery of relevant contract deliverables to the Government.
- Act as liaison between internal team and both government and vendors of remote sensors
- Candidate will be expected to have enough familiarity with multiple imaging sensors, systems, and subsystems that they can function interchangeably within a team of engineers and support a cross functional approach to resolving the myriad of issues confronting applications and systems operating within a complex and interconnected networked environment.
- Ability to lead and train team members in skill development and cross functionality.
- Provide engineering and technical support services to functional groups to include providing specific tool studies, systems analyses, testing and evaluation, and to supplement operational technical assistance as required.
- Develop and present capability and technology roadmaps.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4+ years of prior relevant experience. 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Efficient leadership skills
- Effective communication skills internal and external to Leidos
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Must meet DoD 8570.01-M baseline certifications for IAT Level II (preferably Security + CE) within 6 months of assignment
- Candidates with Active DoD Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information clearance preferred. Secret required.
- Experience in development of end user operating manuals, and documentation,
- Experience in training users in Remote Sensing Software applications installation and operation.